Our clients' development team is looking for a software engineer to be a key contributor to the technical design and implementation of its core mobile products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building high performing customer facing apps that are scalable and extensible. This is a terrific opportunity for a software/mobile engineer interested in progressing their own technical excellence in a key hands on role through being part of a team developing the next generation of product for their enterprise customers.
Who You'll Be
- Work within a small, agile team of software engineers in Newcastle, UK to deliver high quality software
- Work with the Lead Software/Mobile Engineers, Product Manager and Architects to define deliveries and work within schedule
- Provide high quality code reviews
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the software is fully unit tested, can be performance tested, and passes the companies quality requirements
- Regularly participate in development meetings, and occasionally participate in department meetings
- At least 3 years' experience working with Android/Kotlin/Java
- Delivered multithreaded apps and apps that work extensively with RESTful APIs
- Extensive understanding of software engineering concepts, with recent experience in Agile methodologies, and some experience in traditional Waterfall methodologies (i.e., version control systems, peer coding, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, release management, etc.).
- Good understanding of testing and quality assurance, including unit-tests, test plans, virtual test environments, beta tests and early adopter programs, and release management
- Experience in an Enterprise Software field (i.e. CRM, HR, finance) for at least 2 years
- Recent experience with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence) and Git highly preferable
- Experience with RXJava/RXKotlin
- Experience with iOS/Swift
- Experience in integrating apps with core Microsoft Azure services and technologies
- Experience with OAUTH2 concepts, Ping Technologies and Mobile Iron
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.