Our client is one of Manchester's fastest growing digital agencies, working with prestigious companies such as Sony, Ascot and The Lowry, and they're always looking for passionate, ambitious and motivated people who want to join them on their journey!
Does the idea of working with a wide variety of clients to realise their potential appeal to you? If you want to be a part of exciting projects, meet and work with excellent people and ultimately make a difference, then you are who they are looking for!
We're looking for a Back End Developer to join their team, and you'll be working collaboratively as part of a close-knit fully integrated team to build and maintain extraordinary websites.
- Follow our client's processes and procedures across the team including Agile
- Develop, test and implement code to departmental standards
- Effective Release Management with required documentation
- Create documentation that conveys detailed and complicated technical matters in a clear and concise way, producing enough documentation to
- Provide estimates of work and support the scheduling of work
- Ensure that work is completed to an excellent standard and on time for deadlines
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a variety of platforms
- Interpret requirements into working code
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge
- Work to plans and deadlines provided, advancing issues as appropriate
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of defects
- Work closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery
Skills you should have
- Able to demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a variety of platforms
- Proven experience developing with MVC frameworks using the latest versions of PHP and Laravel
- A flexible attitude with experience of working in a small team
- Experience of working with relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL)(queries, design and normalisation)
- Experience of working with version control with a solid understanding of branching strategies such as GitFlow
- Experience with Linux servers
- Superb communication skills and attention to detail
- OOP understanding
- Show an understanding of proven principles and why they are valued
- Understanding design patterns and code smells and how they are related
- Show an understanding into RESTful practices and knowing why it is important to keep to standards
- Experience working with third-party APIs and web services
- An understanding of deployment methodologies using CI/CD tools such as Forge, etc.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation techniques
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.