Our client is a technology solutions provider operating within Great Britain’s pharmaceutical dispensing sector. It’s continued success and growth into digital transformation demands the quality assurance of several key work streams. The Business Analyst is responsible for investigating business systems, identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT. To help ensure that technology is deployed effectively in order to support the work of the internal organisation and external Customers.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To liaise with partners, internally and externally to gather, analyse and document business requirements. To design and deliver appropriate and effective business processes. To work with the Development team to define solutions to effectively satisfy the agreed Business Requirements. To support the Development team, the Business and Customers in understanding the associated processes and solution.
- You work closely with customers, both internally and externally to the organisation, to establish and understand their objectives, requirements and goals.
- To accurately document customer’s functional and associated non-functional requirements to ensure solutions are unambiguous and have clear objectives.
- You define accurate Business Solutions in conjunction with the Development Team to ensure there is a clear foundation for solution development.
- You formally handle changes to business requirements during the development lifecycle.
- You provide regular reports to the Development Manager and other members of the senior management team on the progress of each project.
- You liaise with the Development Team during the development process, and to provide clarification and advice on business processes relating to the project.
- You provide assistance to the software testers and technical authors, particularly in giving them a frame of reference for the project customers.
- To assist in the preparation of user and acceptance test plans, test scenarios and test scripts to ensure delivered solution meets the agreed business requirements.
- To assist in ensuring that any Care Desk or Project team escalations are dealt with · in a timely and professional way.
- To communicate with other areas of the business and customers to facilitate the successful release of a new project, or improvements to existing systems.
- To research new business opportunities, and to present information about those opportunities to the Development Manager and other members of the senior management team.
- To enforce to all Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Requirements engineering
- Business systems modelling
- Business process modelling
- Data modelling
- Leading business change
- Project management
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience of the retail environment and UK pharmacy.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Drive and challenge Customers’ assumptions of how they will successfully execute their objectives and goals
- The effectiveness of the Software Development team directly affects the ability of other areas of the business to meet their goals. Decisions taken should reflect impact and results required by the company in total rather than purely the performance of the Development Team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both within the business and within the customers’ business,
- The ability to communicate in ‘plain’ language to customers regarding IT solutions.
- The ability to ask open questions in order to elicit additional information.
- The ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally to the organisation.
- All Company personnel are required to act in accordance with ISO9001 accredited procedure and practice. Changes to them must be carried out using the proper change control procedure.
- All members of the Development Team are encouraged to act on their own initiative, and continually seek ways to improve the quality and functionality of the software and services that are offered by our client.
- Effectively influence partners at all levels
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ensure attention to detail is given to all aspects of the development lifecycle
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.