Newcastle upon Tyne
£60,000 - £70,000
Our client is looking for an experienced leader to join their leadership team, to deliver their ambitious growth plan.
You will lead their expanding development team to accelerate the production of our clients' high-quality software, which has multiple use across many verticals and many international markets.
Their development team is responsible for producing a hosted software package, sold and supported using a Software as a Service (SaaS) commercial model using a classic Scrum agile development methodology.
In addition to managing the development process you will also be responsible for the devops, datacentre and deploy, owning the process from product roadmap through live deploy, 2nd and 3rd line support. The data centre engineers also maintain the organisation's IT real estate.
You will oversee the IT function and ensure projects are completed to the highest quality and on time.You will be responsible for the overall software development lifecycle: design, acceptance criteria, feature QA strategy, development and continuous integration of their software.
- Reporting up to Board outlining progress against agreed plans, targets and metrics as well as forecasting future needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Managing communication across other stakeholders in the business to ensure a joined-up approach to product development, marketing, acquisition and success.
- Representing the brand from the technical perspective to outside stakeholders such as customers, prospects, organisations and potential employees.
- Use your experience and judgement to inform the company's strategy
- Translate company's strategy into departmental initiatives, and deliver on these.
- Lead, mentor and encourage the Development and IT teams.
- Strong stakeholder management, gathering requirements and relaying them to your team
- Overseeing projects from inception through to completion, delivering on time to the highest standard
- Lead Infrastructure, deployment and service functions
To help make sure we're delivering world-class software solutions, you must:
- You will be a leader who achieves mutual respect through your ability to set a clear vision and strategy
- Ideally will have been at a leadership position within a venture backed organisation for at 3 years or more
- You will have a proven background leading technology teams
- You will have proven experience developing technology roadmaps/strategy
- Have strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Be confident in delivering high quality projects
- Have experience of delivering a Software as a Service proposition with understanding of Azure Devops (TFS), Team City, C# .Net web stack.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.