Our client is the world’s foremost provider of flange management and completions enablement solutions to the global oil and gas market.
Working as part of their development team, you will be working closely with software developers and subject matter experts within the business to support the development, delivery and operations of their software products.
They are committed to equality and diversity in their workplace. This company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Business process modelling
- Supporting data extraction processes
- Manipulating extracted data properties
- Crafting and managing tools to validate and report issues with data
- Validating and applying updated properties to 3D models
- Plan and coordinate migrating of data between systems
- Design, develop and maintain data structures and reports in SQL
- SQL Database optimisation
- Managing import of regular data status updates through automated processes
- Managing automated reporting platforms for generating reports for our clients
- Managing search systems including Lucene indices
- Reporting on data sources for clients, manual and generating automated recurring tasks
- Querying data sources from Google Analytics, Application Insights and other sources to identify areas for improvements to system performance, reliability & user engagement
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting of support tickets
- Providing support to (internal and external) users of the systems
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst/Information Analyst role
- Advanced understanding of Excel spreadsheets formulas
- Advanced understanding of MS Access databases
- Problem solve / identify patterns / discrepancies in datasets
- Follow process and procedures in data analysis
- Strong knowledge of SQL fundamentals
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Good attention to detail and methodical approach
- Ability to communicate reports and suggest ideas to senior leaders
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS and Data warehousing
- Lucene index/query strategies
- Knowledge of managing Lucene indexes is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as C#, VBA is desirable
- Understanding and experience working with 3D models would be desirable
- You are able to work independently / remotely when required with flexible hours
- Motivated / willing to learn
- Teach others / great teammate
- Superb communication skills (written & verbal)
- Previous experience working in a software development and helpdesk environment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.