An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Linux Automation engineer to join the UKs leading independent managed hosting group, at our Leeds HQ. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing and exciting organisation where your decisions truly count.
Who You'll Be
- Develop and refine tools, procedures and workflows that create consistency and stability for our internal operations and customer experience.
- Discuss ideas at a high level and use your technical ability to follow through and implement them.
- Review and research potential new products, presenting them to the widerteam to highlight their potential.
Be a champion for projects
- Be comfortable working in a fluid environment where requirements and priorities may change at short notice. Be prepared to be the cause of that change.
- Continually think about the root causes of issues, and where necessary, stop and re-evaluate a project with the team to ensure it doesn't just address the symptoms of a problem.
- Ensure that projects move ahead in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure that work is achieved effectively.
Document and communicate your work
- Appreciate high quality documentation and have pride in your own.
- Enjoy using communication and collaboration tools for maximum efficiency.
- Produce documentation on development work that can be used for Research and Development funding.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to highlight the goals of new and existing projects and their ongoing progress.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin Skills
- Knowledge and Understanding of IT Infrastructure
- Scripting (BASH, Python, Lua, Powershell)
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication
- A positive attitude and the desire to learn
- Automation and Config Management Skills (Ansible)
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Influx)
- Knowledge of Data Serialisation Languages (JSON, YAML)
- Experience working with automation and monitoring tools (Icinga, Grafana, TICK stack, ELK stack)
- Experience with source control (Git, GitLab)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Networking Technologies
- Knowledge of the web hosting industry and associated technologies. (Apache, NGINX, IIS)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.