As a Developer your role is to provide a specialist development experience and knowledge across a range of IT skills underpinned by theory to actively develop new services and will include some or all of the following activities:
- Software Design and Development,
- 2nd/3rd Line support
- Manual and automated Testing,
- Cloud deployment platforms and techniques,
- Database design,
- Implementation and support
- Continuous improvement and lifecycle management
- Evaluating, analysing, and interpreting complex information and requirements to inform development of applications and services, providing options to support a range of solutions.
- Applying appropriate methods and procedures throughout the full development lifecycle in accordance with IT standards and customer requirements.
- Designing, developing and delivering features and benefits for new and existing services that provide business value.
- Oversees effective running of bespoke services, third-party applications and configurable of the shelf products (CoTS) and services, providing advice and guidance to other teams to support resolution of problems and major incidents.
- Using incident, problem, request and change management processes and systems to support the successful implementation of system enhancements and fault resolutions, in a timely manner.
- Implementing standards and policies, pro-actively identifying and proposing improvements or enhancements to meet changing needs.
- Proactively engaging in conversations to support the on-going development and maintenance of your own skills and knowledge, including attending relevant Communities of Practice.
- Communicating complex information effectively across a wide range of people and levels of understanding, including both technical andnon-technical audiences, to influence, negotiate and secure value based outcomes for the delivery of services.
- Planning your own work to achieve agreed objectives, prioritising multiple and sometimes conflicting deliverables, escalating as appropriate, any issues which may impact deadlines.
- Leading, participating and contributing to quality assurance reviews of your and others work through a variety of approaches such as peer review, learning logs, and engaging in appropriate communities of practice.
- Regularly horizon scans to keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and standards to support innovative and creative delivery of business objectives.
- Support relevant recruitment and selection in line with organisational processes.
- Mentor and coach other team members, and apprentices to enable the on-going personal development and growth of skills within the team.
- Co-ordinates work other team members in line with agreed delivery of services
- Maintain an awareness of financial and personal implications in the use of a range of resources.
- Contribute to and prepare proposals for change including producing necessary estimates, mandates and business cases within th technology department.
- Identifying opportunities and engaging in partnership working with other individuals, groups and agencies.
- Effectively engage and collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure consistent approaches, methods, standards, and patterns are holistically applied. Information Management
- Maintaining an awareness of agreed service levels, KPI's and standards within team, reviewing own performance and adapt own approach to maximise the delivery to support and meet agreed standards.
- Monitoring and reporting on a number of areas including agreed service levels, KPI's and standards within team, generating reports to agreed frequency, methods and processes.
- Work from home opportunities
- Discounted/free food
- Subsidised commuter solution
- Company events & social hours
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- Casual dress
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.