Our client is looking for a dedicated and driven software tester to lead an existing team of front end QA analysts. The applicant needs strong leadership and mentoring skills, as well as excellent grounding in software testing frontend solutions.
Our client develops two main product categories: (1) an API driven platform (2) various front end systems that consume the APIs, including:
- A content management system
- Themed SPA websites
- Bingo and table games (roulette / blackjack etc)
Working as part of a focussed development team, you are tasked with the singular goal of ensuring the successful delivery of the highest quality software possible.
Key Responsibilities :
- Adapt and evolve the existing QA strategy and policies
- You act as key point of contact for all QA aspects
- You mentor the front end QA team, cultivating skills and abilities
- Defining and championing standard methodologies within front end testing
- Lead the defect management process for the front end systems
- Involved in shaping the Software Development Life Cycle
- Serve as an escalation point for technical and non-technical issues
- Responsibility for the continuous professional development of staff (training etc.)
- Maintain a healthy team culture, ensuring all QA team members are motivated and engaged and are displaying behaviours which are in line with Bede values
Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working in a lead or senior capacity - or alternatively the ability to display a genuine desire to lead a team with strong opinions on how this should be done
- Deep understanding of software testing principles
- Superb communication skills
- Good technical understanding across the whole stack
- Understanding of software development lifecycles, and experience working in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Agile and a desire for continuous improvement / learning
- Experience developing and executing Test Strategies
- Experience using ticket management software (e.g. JIRA)
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.