Our client provides their customers and advisers with a ground-breaking blend of control, investment choice, low-cost delivery and online functionality. As a result, they are now one of the UK’s largest investment platforms, with more than 197,900 customers and assets under administration exceeding £46.1 billion. Our client remains one of the fastest-growing businesses in its sector.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to develop Business Intelligence Solutions. The Solutions developed by the BI Developer are used to report on and drive business decisions in various departments. Interacting with key partners at all levels of business the role has a strong customer focus and involves data design and modelling. The job-holder is expected to work cross-functionally with his or her internal customers to provide solutions that are accurate and have integrity and value to the business.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Identifying and refining data and reporting requirements from key partners.
- Developing Visualisation reporting using Power BI
- Production of analytics and insights
- Develop reporting and OLAP
- Data design and modelling.
- Validating scripts provided by other developers.
- Chipping in to a physical / logical data model.
- Visualising and reporting data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
- Thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
- Performing data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Data extraction from multiple sources for reporting purposes.
You will be using
- Microsoft BI Stack
- Sql server 2014 soon to be upgraded to 2016
- Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- MS Power BI
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematics/statistics discipline.
- Experience in analysis and development with a BI environment
- Solid experience in T-SQL and Power BI
- Considerable experience of SSRS and SSIS
- Experience of Kimball methodology required
- Some knowledge of SSAS and predictive analytics would be helpful
- Some knowledge of Google analytics and mining web logs would be advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Customer service skills.
- Planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Database architecture.
- Business Intelligence Reporting.
- Data mapping.
- Data extraction and manipulation.
- Data cleansing.
- Data modelling
- Data mining
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.