Front-end developers are responsible for building new websites and web applications, and helping to support and maintain existing websites. This involves working closely with our clients' creative team to produce web pages using semantic mark-up and with server-side developers to implement and develop complex, interactive and data-driven websites.
Who You'll Be
- Knowledge of design principles and experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard).
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
What you need...
- Experience integrating with C# .NET MVC (Razor) server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git and SVN.
- Loves logic and problem solving.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
- Experience in AJAX techniques.
- Knowledge of HTML email best practice
Our client would like to see...
- Experience with Umbraco and/or Sitecore.
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills. You are a thinker, a logical mind ready to tackle the day-to-day challenges all modern web developers face. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with developers and designers.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working and flexitime; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.