Create new web-based modules and web services and as necessary assist with the support, enhancement and development of existing applications within the development department.
Under the supervision of Senior Developers and/or Payroll Development Manager
- Work with other members of the development department to interpret and develop functionality from technical specifications, business requirements and design documents
- Develop the full stack aspects of an application from database structure and access, through to business layer logic and onto the UI
- Liaise with other members of Payroll team to produce specifications and design documents based on specific business requirements
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects (bugs) and react to problems correcting program as necessary
- When required establish a detailed specification through discussion with clients
- Devise possible solutions to predicted problems evaluating other options
- Once program developed perform initial bug fixing and enhancements during testing phase and liaise with the support team to provide on-going support and bug fixing once the functionality is 'live'
- When necessary provide direct client support either by phone, remotely or in-person at the client site
- Assist with testing when required
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- Degree qualified in computer science or a related subject
- A proven track record of creating scalable commercial .NET applications in C# for a minimum of 5 years
- Strong experience of ASP.Net/ MVC with Web API, JSON and Restful services
- Strong knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge of OO programming and principles
- Experience designing SQL Server databases and writing efficient scalable queries
- Experience of full stack development, from modifying databases, data access coding, business logic through to creating a usable UI
- Experience of/ exposure to working in an agile development environment (preferred)
- Ability to transfer business functionality specifications into working applications
- Ability to work both within a team and on own when necessary
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline sole
- Good organizational skills with a positive attitude
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to appreciate business requirements within
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.