Our client is your partner in education with integrity. This company’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. They provide instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalised feedback. Their service is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. They are headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
What you’ll get from them:
- A smart, fun, and casual environment where you can learn from and teach others.
- Flexibility in technology and development practices.
- A phenomenal mission -- you will be involved in building systems that help students around the world improve their writing.
- Freedom to not only work on a small team focused on making great products, but also to chip in through the entire development lifecycle to make that happen.
- Gain experience working as part of a development team, working on meaningful features, carrying development through to production, working with product teams, designers and QA folk to deliver value to their customers.
What they expect from you:
- Enthusiasm for solving meaningful problems.
- At least three years of demonstrable experience with developing HTTP APIs, preferably using dynamic languages (we use Java, PHP. Golang and Perl).
- Frontend technologies (JS / CSS)
- Solid experience understanding relational databases and writing SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Practical experience writing unit / integration tests and (end-to-end) API tests.
- Ability to collaborate in an agile process with a cross-functional team on both small and large scale changes.
- Familiarity with distributed source and version control systems (we use git).
- Ability to communicate with both product management and support to ensure our product is being used optimally, and to help brainstorm and implement solutions when customers run into issues.
Above and beyond:
- Working with Docker in both development and production deployment environments.
- Experience with service architecture, including service discovery, monitoring, caching, centralised logging, reliable background job processing, and failover.
- History of operationally minded behaviour, particularly with tools like Terraform, providers like Amazon Web Services, and platforms like EC2 Container Service / Kubernetes.
- Experience designing and maintaining 12 Factor Apps.
- Working with modern application performance monitoring tools like NewRelic.
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Flexible working and generous holiday entitlement
- Discount on gym memberships, tuition reimbursement and volunteering days
- Various salary sacrifice schemes, free breakfasts, fruits and snacks
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.