An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Analyst to join our clients' IT team in Newcastle. As part of the Infrastructure Team, the Infrastructure Analyst will ensure the operation and ongoing improvement of the firm's coreIT and telephony infrastructure. The post holder will liaise internally and externally to establish and maintain high quality IT systems and supporting services whilst ensuring that the firm's infrastructure meets the relevant standards for the firm's security accreditations such as Cyber Essentials+ .
Who You'll Be
- Network Service management
Ongoing support and monitoring of their overall IT network. This includes meeting agreed SLAs and assisting with the ongoing management of operational facilities to provide the agreed levels of service, whilst continuously looking to proactively improve.
- Availability managementMonitoring of IT services and their availability to ensure that all services meet all of their agreed availability targets and raising and concerns, problems and suggestions with the firms Infrastructure Manager.
- Continuity management
Work as part of the infrastructure team to provision service continuity support. This includes the backup and replication of information systems that support critical business processes, the assessment of risks to those systems' availability, integrity and confidentiality and assisting with testing and maintenance procedures and contingency plans to maintain agreed levels of continuity.
- Information Security
Ensure that the appropriate IT security controls and measured/mitigated risks are in place to safeguard the information held within the Firm. Escalating any risks or vulnerabilities to the firms infrastructure manager andInformation Security Team.Cyber Essentials +Work within the IT team to ensure that all systems are secured and patched and scanned weekly to ensure adherence to the Cyber Essentials + Standard.
- Methods and tools
Ensuring that appropriate methods and tools for the development, operation, management and maintenance of systems are adopted and used effectively throughout the firm.
- Capacity Management
Monitor IT services and their capacity in ensuring that all IT services meet all of their agreed targets.
- Change management
Follow the firms change management procedure for all changes to the components of a live infrastructure, from requests for change (RFC) through to implementation and review, to support the continued availability, effectiveness and safety of the infrastructure.
- Asset management
Assist with the management of the inventory of IT assets (hardware, software, network and user knowledge) held within the firm.
Design, plan and implement IT projects where required.
- Out of Hours Support
As part of the infrastructure "on call" team provide cover and respond to alerts (email, telephone etc) outside of office hours on a 24/7 basis
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of the team as well as working to own initiative to manage own workload.
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with a willingness to work additional hours and travel between offices as and when required.
- Essential experience:
- VMWare and vCenter
- Microsoft Server 2012 and above
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Microsoft SQL Server
- File Servers (DFS)
- Active Directory
- Windows 7 and above
- Network Infrastructure (Layer 2 and 3, VLAN, WAN, LAN, VPN, Internet Links, Switch Operating Systems)
- Backup and Replication Expe
- A background in commercial development, travel or ticketing beneficial
- Desirable experience:
- Direct Access
- Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business/Teams
- Cloud Wi-Fi
- Manage DMS
- Aderant PMS
- RSA Secure ID
- System Center
- Operation Manager (SCOM)
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Firewall Experience
- Office 365/Exchange Online
- Azure or AWSUnderstanding of ITIL processes
- Application Deployment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.