You are responsible for planning the user journey, interaction points and UI elements to support finding the most suitable solution to a problem. You draw together the client's business requirements, end-users' needs and technical capabilities, to develop an elegant user experience. You will predominantly design services and products which are digitally focused over a number of devices, but will also have an appreciation for the customer experience across channels beyond digital.
- Deliver the most suitable design solutions which meet both user needs and business goals and reflect known constraints.
- Collaborate with other UXers, Developers, Visual Designers and QA to arrive at the most suitable solution quickly.
- Produce high-quality deliverables at an appropriate fidelity and clearly communicate rationale in an easy to understand way.
- Have a firm understanding of the digital platform and appropriate considerations, constraints, and methods such as responsive design, accessible design, and microinteractions.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to arrive at the most appropriate solution.
- Work with Researchers to develop testable prototypes/designs and incorporate research findings into iterative designs.
- Regularly communicates and engages relevant team members to elicit feedback and build a shared understanding of user needs, business needs and design direction.
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder and/or customer activities that support and drive the project forward.
- Conduct heuristic reviews of existing sites or services, and use them to inform UX and design direction.
- Communicate user flows and information architecture (IA).
- Maintain design consistency.
You may be asked to
- Attend and contribute in a supportive role to user research sessions to gather insights first hand.
- Consistently exceeds expectations (within estimates, managed scope, high quality, delivered on time) as defined in the Statement of Work and project plan.
Highly confident working independently, or collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Communicates user needs to team and stakeholders, persuading stakeholders of the value of, and gaining commitment to, a user-centred, design-oriented solution.
Challenges assumptions and decisions where appropriate, to facilitate the team arriving at the most suitable solution.
Proactive in self-learning / upskilling and staying on top of industry trends, methods and technology.
Ensures that new concepts, techniques and skills are shared with their team. Shares applicable learning with the wider Orange Bus team (eg. Accessibility sub-group) and 3rd parties.
This is what the role DOESN'T do:
Work in isolation or exclude themselves from the wider UX team, missing the opportunity to share experiences and learning
- Desirable: education to degree standard in design, UX, multimedia, product design, web development to a 2:1 or 1st level or a related field/ industry experience.
- Proven experience as a IxD or UX Designer or similar role..
- Comprehensive understanding of UCD guiding principles and best practice.
- Able to design for user needs.
- Practical experience of evaluative research methods.
- Good practical knowledge of accessibility standards and responsive design
- Practical experience of applying IxD principles and laws, with experience of wireframing and design.
- Good understanding of IA, user task flows and applicable research activities that can inform IA.
- Strong communication skills. Able to explain ideas and rationale to internal team members and external stakeholders
- A good understanding of psychology principles and how this can be applied to design.
- Be proficient in 1 or more design tools
- Proven experience as an IxD designer / UX Designer or similar role.
This role will involve travel outside of the main office.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working and flexitime; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.