- In-depth understanding of large complex IT estates, including system dependencies with an understanding of business process
- Track record in delivering responsive consumer facing web applications with a grounding in Accessibility guidelines and legislation—Web security standards—SEO and web analytics
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum environment and a multi-discipline team of User research, UX design, UI Design and technology
- DevOps experience ideally with Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Understanding in software development approaches, particularly Test Driven Development.
- Experience of Design Systems is beneficial
- Ajax / JSON
- CSS / JS Pre-compilers
- Experience in ASP.NET MVC / Razor, SQL is beneficial
- Experience with the following: Content Management Systems, particularly SDL Tridion
- Team Foundation Server / JIRA
- Sonar Qube or other automated test tools
- Experience to coach and mentor the team
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall systems and 3rd party services
- The ability to positively influence and negotiate with all stakeholders
- A love for problem solving as you search for the best solutions.
Who You'll Be
- Lead the team in delivering world class web applications
- Support the System Delivery Manager in the planning, coordination and delivery of web development work within the team
- Support the Technical Lead on technical strategy and implementation particularly in regards to client side web technologies
- Understand key business challenges and drivers and provide input to help drive the IT Strategy and Systems Development roadmaps.
- Take ownership of robust, commercially viable solutions and support the Systems Delivery Manager in identifying emerging industry and technology trends, whilst driving continuous improvement.
- Coach and mentor colleagues and influence the team and stakeholders when making decisions, demonstrating commercial and risk management skills.
- Drive the requirements elicitation process and obtain formal agreements from a large and diverse range of senior stakeholders and establish base-line.
- Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities whilst seeking effective solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Be involved in system design, selecting appropriate design standards, methods and tools consistent with enterprise and solution architectures and ensure their effective application.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.