At this company, they have an ambitious 5-year growth plan that will see them delivering groundbreaking digital services to their Healthcare, Government and Blue Chip clients.
Their culture is founded on passion, creativity and straight talking. They empower their team to be ambitious in their thinking and in delivering transformative solutions; they are only limited by the limits of what they can envision.
Our client is a small company with big growth dreams and is currently searching for a Back End/Full Stack Developer to join them on their digital transformation projects.
You will need a high level of capability with skills in core Java development (ideally Java 8), web development with Spring MVC or Spring Boot micro services. Others include Hiberbate/JPA, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/GitLab Cli, REST, SOAP, JSON, Source Code Management amongst others.
We’re looking for developers who write beautiful code. You'll interact with their clients on one or more agile projects, typically to help deliver a specific product via a multidisciplinary, highly skilled digital team. You'll be adept at working within complex digital projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- Geek enthusiast
- Problem solver
- Sense of humour
- Enjoy working in a team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong core Java skills
- Experience of web development with spring MVC or 3+ years’ with Spring Boot micro services
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (3 and above) and a deep understanding of dependency injection
- Good understanding of Hibernate/JPA and Object-relational mapping, including performance considerations
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, gradle
- Continuous Integration- Jenkins/Gitlab Cli
- Experience developing REST based web services
- Experience integrating systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, JSON and a number of others
- Demonstrable ability to understand and fix large systems, drilling down to code level to identify the root cause of issues
- Source Code Management- Git, BitBucket, Subversion
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Superb communication skills- written & oral
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Significant experience of agile development practices - TDD, BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, tooling to monitor code quality Desirable
- Consultancy experience
- Good knowledge and experience of testing frameworks i.e. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Worked on AWS environment and has an understanding of Docker
- Working on enterprise search solutions like Solr
Back End / Full Stack Developer - Responsibilities
- Responsive website and micro services development
- Client website support (content, features, functionality)
- Research, vet, learn, and deploy bleeding-edge technology and standard methodologies on an ongoing basis
- Quickly exterminate bugs
- Write scalable, maintainable, and reusable code in an agile environment
- Lead the quality assurance control and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility on all projects
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.