You may have heard of our client, they are a completely digital bank with no branches on the high street and no traditional banking website.
They are developing a mobile app that allows you to do your banking wherever you are, whenever you want.
As part of their technology they are developing, a middleware layer which services our mobile app and will extend to be the foundation for their bank. They have an opportunity for a permanent developer to join their growing middleware team, where you will work alongside the Architecture, App Dev and Testing teams as well as third parties, playing an important role in building and supporting our middleware.
- You will be responsible for developing various APIs/Services integrating with a number of internal/external backend systems using Mulesoft and appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- You will ensure that and developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the App Dev and Test teams
- You will work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing
- You will play an active role in the Middleware support rota and ensure appropriate handling and resolution of any live defects
- You will take part in daily stand-ups to report your progress, current focus, and any blockers
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with some meaningful experience, OR relevance vocational qualification(s) with some relevant experience
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate development estimates
- Quality and ideally defect-free development output
- Production of accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Effective triage and resolution of QA defects and Production issues
- Effective collaboration with all internal and external teams
- Contribution to technical standards and design decisions
- Effective time management, good resilience and drive
- some C-like language development experience in an Agile development environment
- Hands-on ESB/Integration development experience using Mulesoft or similar platform, RESTful APIs with consideration of Unit Testing and Security principles
- Hands-on integration experience using SOAP/REST/ XML/related technologies
- Experience of securing APIs and developing to secured endpoints using a variety of methods including but not limited to credentials, certificates, tokens
- Experience of working closely with third parties and external systems
- Clear communicator both written and verbally
- Mule certification
- Middleware/ESB/Integration best practice
- TDD/BDD experience
- Technical Solution Design, and Technical Documentation experience
- Improvisation and thinking creatively to tackle complex technical challenges
- Working in a complex multi-vendor solution environment
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Experience of functioning in the capacity of 3rd line support
- REST API modelling language experience (RAML, JAML, other)
- Experience in ESB service integration
- JAVA/C# .NET programming language experience
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Phenomenal starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.