About The Company
Our client is an independent digital customer experience studio. They help their clients navigate the digital landscape and better serve their customers. They're based in London’s Fitzrovia (55 people) but also have an office in Newcastle city centre (30 people).
They work with a really broad range of clients, from large enterprises like PepsiCo, Sky, Net-a-Porter and one of the UK’s largest energy companies, to start-ups like Missfits Nutrition, Charlotte Simone and Mortimer House. They have always been sector agnostic because they believe their clients' benefit from our experience of working in lots of different industries.
They offer 3 distinct services: 1) Customer Journey Analysis & Strategy 2) Digital Product Design & Development 3) Data Intelligence & Optimisation. Clients sometimes buy all three of these services and work with them on long-term transformation programmes but they also offer consultancy in the form of research, design and innovation sprints lasting a couple of months.
We are looking for an expert Lead PHP Developer with full stack experience, who is passionate about delivering code the right way. The role is to take ownership of a complex custom built monolithic systems, with an exciting roadmap for a global software company. This will involve leading, supporting and nurturing a close-knit, energized team of developers, as well as work closely with project managers and architect. You will be expected to a custodian of standard and quality of them teams work.
About the individual
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Experienced knowledge of PHP and Symfony framework
- Deep understanding of Java and the Spring/Spring boot framework
- A passion about understanding, taking ownership and becoming the custodian of a complex systems.
- Experience handling an agile development team; implementing industry standard methodology and coding standards to ensure quality whilst delivering projects within time and budget.
- The ability to support, cultivate and mentor a development team of dynamic experience. As well as conduct annual reviews and put personal development plans into action.
- The ability to work with a technical architect to define and describe a recommended technical approach
- The ability to work with and assist a technical architect with detailed specifications using industry standard notations such as UML.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Show knowledge of the physical architecture including supporting planning for the required capacity, Scalability, resilience and availability of the system.
- The ability to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to nontechnical users
- The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to a Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge of advanced testing such as load, security and performance testing.
- Plan, design and write automated tests include unit, integration and frontend (Selenium) tests.
The successful individual should be:
- An excellent communicator - able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Able to run and assist with sprint ceremonies; such as planning, kick-off, stand-ups, retro and client facing demos.
- Help define and enforce a release management process, as well as preparing clear release notes.
- Work with the development and QA teams to ensure the quality of the application.
- Help define and support companywide coding standard, information security and way of work process and policy.
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end and Back end developers, QA and DevOps engineers.
- Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them).
- A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being dedicated in getting information to move work along when needed.
- Spending 70% hand-ons and 30% managing and supporting the team.
- Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates.
Technical skills required:
- Spring/Spring boot
- API Integrations, REST/SOAP
Bonus points if you have
- SOLID Practitioner
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.