Our client is the world’s foremost provider of flange management and completions enablement solutions to the global oil and gas market.
They are seeking to recruit a Lead Test Analyst. The role is an excellent opportunity for an expert tester to work on a number of projects within their portfolio in the oil and gas industry. The candidate will need to be dynamic and able to deliver to the highest standards of test approach and methodology.
Working as part of their software development team, you will be working closely with software developers and subject matter experts within the business to support the development, testing, delivery and ongoing support of their software products.
Our client is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
- Lead the development/maintenance of the manual/automated test scripts
- Develop the software testing process and associated documentation.
- Provide recommendations for test strategy/test approach improvements.
- Set up and execute test scripts.
- Log & record test outcomes/results.
- Report/escalate the progress/status of the test execution, as appropriate.
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Report bugs and verify that high priority bugs are escalated
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to settle if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
Key Performance Indicators
- Overall health, integrity and performance of our client's products
- Suitability of applications to the company environment and purposes
- Systems analysis
- Documentation of processes
- Quality data and credible information provided to the business
- Technical reports
- Experience working in agile development environment and preferably in a DevOps.
- Experience of testing SaaS products.
- SQL (for example producing scripts to query or generate test data for SQL databases).
- MS Excel
- Working in teams using the Microsoft software development stack.
- Experience of Test Automation using practices and tools such as Cucumber and Selenium.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.