This client is a technology-focused company that’s grown from a start-up into the UK’s leading online retailer of holidays. They may have grown in size but they haven’t lost their ambitious spirit, working fast and creatively on exciting new ideas.
They proudly send over one million happy customers away on their perfect holiday every year – but their dreams are much bigger than this and they need the right people to help then. They are split across two newly refurbished offices in Greater Manchester, their digital HQ in Manchester City Centre and their contact centre team based in Stockport. They're looking for talented people to join their team.
- Experience with Document Databases (e.g. MongoDb)
- Experience with ASP.NET Core
- Experience with modern web technologies (e.g. Local and Session Storage, Web Sockets and OAuth2/OpenConnect)
- Experience with scripting (CMD Batch, Powershell, and ideally Linux/Mac shells)
- Exposure to Continuous integration (we use Jenkins) and deployment (we use Octopus)
- Exposure to Automated testing using SpecFlow and Selenium
- Exposure to queue and service bus technology (we use RabbitMq)
- Some experience of Ruby and ideally Rails either commercial or hobbyist
- Travel industry experience
What will the role entail?
- .NET programming - Creating new systems in C# using TDD to create SOLID code. Updating existing systems written in C# and VB.NET, including improving the code and introducing unit tests when appropriate
- Unit testing - Unit testing experience. Ability to peer review others unit tests. Experience of Test Driven Development
- Supporting the current applications - Ability to diagnose application/ data/ infrastructure problems and either fix or escalate if not resolution can be found. Provide accurate and timely fixes to business applications.
- Casual dress code
- R&D time every Friday from 12 noon
- 25 days holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount on holidays
- Subsidised canteen
- Flexible working hours
- Free car parking
- Contributory pension scheme
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.