We are looking for an experienced full-time PHP developer to create 'best of breed' web applications. You should be able to interpret a client's business requirements, to design and build web software which meets their goals. Your role will primarily involve back-end development including creating PHP modules and packages, working with REST APIs, MYSQL database design, managing version control and unit testing. You will need to be adept at solving problems with code and elegant software architecture. You will be eager to learn new tools and techniques. You will be part of a small friendly team that is responsible for all aspects of software development from initial specifications, through to development, testing, launching and maintenance. You will welcome the variety that comes with being part of a small effective team.
- Build and maintain web applications using Laravel PHP framework
- Build and maintain efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules (e.g. Composer packages)
- Solve complex user flow and database architecture challenges
- REST APIs – integrating with third-party APIs, and developing new REST APIs
- Writing technical specifications and documentation
- Contribute to all phases at the development cycle
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (preferably Laravel, though this is not essential)
- Experience with MVC design patterns and object-oriented PHP programming
- An understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with the limitations of PHP and its workarounds
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with MYSQL
- Proficient with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience refactoring code
- PSR2 code standard
Preferred, not essential experience
- Wordpress / WooCommerce
- Micro services
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Swagger (Open API)
- Amazon web services / Google Cloud
- Payment gateways / Fintech apps
- JSON web tokens
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.