Newcastle upon Tyne
£40,000 - £55,000
Boston US, Newcastle UK, Remote
The engineering team builds and maintains all the features for eCommerce in one of the largest RESTful APIs on the internet.
We’re looking for Platform Engineers to architect and implement new features, folks who’ve built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale them.
Regular social events.Bike to Work Scheme & discount travel cards.Great location.
- We use Go, PHP, NodeJS, Lua to name a few.
- We use datastores like Cassandra, Mongo, Postgres and Redis.
- We use containerisation heavily.
- We run our systems globally.
- We run a micro-service architecture.
- We test heavily.
- We experiment readily.
What you will do
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Learn new things.
- Influence how large scale products are built.
- Test everything.
- Write clean, performant code.
- Fail quickly.
- Work in an exciting team.
- Work with modern technology.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with microservices/SOA or DevOps would be beneficial.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.