£30,000 - £40,000
Platform Engineer - Newcastle - GBP30,000 - Digital Agency
Boston US, Newcastle UK, Remote
The engineering team builds and maintains all the features for eCommerce in one of the largest RESTful APIs on the internet.
We’re looking for Platform Engineers to architect and implement new features, folks who’ve built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale them.
Regular social events.Bike to Work Scheme & discount travel cards.Great location.
- We use Go, PHP, NodeJS, Lua to name a few.
- We use datastores like Cassandra, Mongo, Postgres and Redis.
- We use containerisation heavily.
- We run our systems globally.
- We run a micro-service architecture.
- We test heavily.
- We experiment readily.
What you will do
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Learn new things.
- Influence how large scale products are built.
- Test everything.
- Write clean, performant code.
- Fail quickly.
- Work in an exciting team.
- Work with modern technology.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with microservices/SOA or DevOps would be beneficial.
Back to Jobs