Our client is a leading supplier of software to the online gambling and social gaming industries. They power some of the biggest brands globally, working in regulated markets and processing hundreds of millions of transactions per month.
Their headquarters are in Newcastle upon Tyne, in the heart of the north-east of England. They also have offices in London and Sofia, Bulgaria.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Platform Support Engineer to join their Service Delivery Team.
The role of Platform Support Engineer is to manage, maintain and improve multiple environments hosted in Azure, and to successfully investigate and resolve issues that arise on the our client's platform, working to achieve and exceed agreed SLA’s. Working as part of our client's Service Delivery team, using the ITIL framework and working with the latest technologies, you will be responsible for ensuring that their platform is performant and reliable. You will also have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals and grow your capabilities and skill sets in a fast moving and dynamic environment. This is a complex and varied role in a rapidly growing team that would suit an individual wanting to develop and challenge themselves, and wants the opportunity to influence change and development.
- Lead and support our client’s infrastructure and applications
- Maintenance and configuration of source controlled environments
- Design and maintain monitoring, measuring and alerting systems
- Collaborate with others to fix and resolve raised production issues
- Dedicatedly identify potential issues, using monitoring solutions, before they become issues, and act to resolve
- Identify, and document changes would be required to enable to resolve such issues in the future
- Work with engineering teams to implement support for pre-existing and new products, providing engineering teams with assistance in identifying and adopting operational concerns
Skills, Education, Experience:
- Understanding of APIs and Cloud technologies specifically Azure
- Experience with Cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform
- Deep understanding of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Configuration management of Linux and windows systems using tools such as Puppet, Docker etc.
- Experience in developing Puppet code, Puppet Modules and Hiera
- Version Control Systems (GIT, GitHub)
- Understanding of NoSQL - Redis etc
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, DataDog, New Relic, Icinga, Elastalert or others.
- Experience using scripting + programming languages to automate frequently executed activities
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology
- ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge of Consul/Service Discovery
- Experience using ELK – ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.