They are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Platform Support Engineer to join their Service Delivery team.
This successful candidate will be delivering a world class service to major clients, supporting applications, platform and Azure infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to work with experienced professionals and grow your capabilities and skill sets in a fast moving and dynamic environment. This is a complex and varied role in a rapidly growing team that would suit an individual wanting to develop and challenge themselves, and wants the opportunity to influence change and development.
Who You'll Be
- Manage and support their infrastructure and applications
- Maintenance and configuration of source controlled environments
- Design and maintain monitoring, measuring and alerting systems
- Progression and Resolution of incident within SLA
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues
- Proactively identify potential issues, using monitoring solutions, before they become issues, and act to resolve
- Identify, and document changes would be required to enable to resolve such issues in the future
- Work with engineering teams to implement support for pre-existing and new products, providing engineering teams with assistance in identifying and adopting operational concerns
- Ensure their Platform is performant and reliable
- Training and support of new team members.
- Identify and document missing processes, procedures and knowledge base articles
Skills, Education, Experience
- Driven to succeed
- Understanding of APIs and Cloud technologies specifically Azure
- Experience with Cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform
- Strong understanding of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Configuration management of Linux and windows systems using tools such as Puppet, Docker etc.
- Experience in developing Puppet code, Puppet Modules and Hiera Version Control Systems (GIT,GitHub)
- Understanding of NoSQL - Redis etc
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Icinga, Elastalert, Grafana, Prometheus or others.
- Experience using scripting & programming languages to automate frequently executed activities
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology
Applicants will have experience delivering a support service to external customers ideally in a digital or online environment. A strong technical understanding of cloud based technologies would be an advantage.ITIL certification would be desirable but it not essential.
Aptitude and attitude is everything for this role, and only those with a real passion to deliver a world class service need apply
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.