Our client is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Product Designer to help us change the way the world shops. They will collaborate closely with numerous teams within the company, identify problems and opportunities, iterate quickly and help champion design thinking.
Who You'll Be
- Help to define and improve the interface and experience of our client as a whole.
- Work closely with our engineers and front-end developers to iterate, build, and ship your designs.
- Identify the most pressing needs of our users and prioritise the design accordingly while also taking into consideration business requirements.
- Create deliverables to communicate ideas through the use of wireframes, mockups, prototypes, flows, etc.
- Work to maintain, develop and improve their Dashboard design system.
- Stay informed and share the latest news and best practices on UI/UX techniques, tools, and design patterns.
You should apply if you:
- Value collaboration and are at your best when you're part of a team.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions and are able to present your rationales to the respective teams/stakeholders.
- Are driven by delivering great experiences and solving problems, not necessarily beautiful visuals.
- Have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints, time requirements and business goals.
- Have the ability to iterate quickly while rationalising decisions against business requirements.
- Are able to demonstrate conceptual thinking, maintain brand consistency, and efficiently work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Are motivated by goals and outcomes over outputs.
- Have experience working with design systems.
- Are flexible; we're a startup and you'll be designing lots of exciting things.
- Have excellent knowledge and experience with a range of design tools (Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, InVision, Abstract, Figma, etc).
- Have good working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload.
- Are open to engaging in social media conversations, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, where appropriate.
- Will dare to question what others would call facts and aren't afraid to make mistakes.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment and with agile methodologies.
- General knowledge of Git workflow (merge/pull requests, feature branching, etc).
- Experience with API focused companies (Stripe, Algolia, Contentful, etc).
- A strong ability to understand programming concepts and ideas.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.