They are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join their Product Management team in Newcastle, UK. As our client Product Manager, you will help to create the future for their award-winning service and impact the education experience for millions of students and instructors in over 140 countries.
You will work closely with our engineering teams to create best-in-class integrations, serving our global customer base. Experience working as a Product Manager on technical projects is essential. You will demonstrate a passion for web technologies, and be competent talking about technology with both business and engineering stakeholders.
Who You'll Be
Successful Product Managers are team players that thrive in fast-paced environments. A thorough understanding of the technology and resourcing needed to achieve product goals is critical, as well. Functions as a central resource with design, function, backlog, end user quality, as the product(s) move through their lifecycle. You will direct those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products. You will formulate and execute long-term plans for opportunity control. Help promote use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.
Reports to the Senior Product Manager, based within our clients' offices in Newcastle, UK
- 3+ years in software product management; prefer SaaS or large scale web applications
- Experience working in a web/Saas application environment
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience of working with engineering teams
- Action-oriented mindset
- Passion for education and user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities & projects
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
- Broad knowledge of online software and relevant technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Product Management qualification
- Commercial knowledge of the education sector
- B2B experience
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas and/or publishing platforms such as WriteSmart.
- Commercial awareness and understanding, in order to identify and exploit market opportunities in the education sector (specifically online or e-assessment)
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working and flexitime; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.