Our client is a growing company, providing software as a service (SaaS) to the rapidly growing Financial Technology (FinTech) market. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, the company has investment from successful FinTech entrepreneurs.
Their objective is to provide an out-of-the-box solution that simplifies the complex back-office technology and processes needed to manage MasterCard, Visa and other card issuing portfolios and mobile payment products.
Their web-based service, built in Microsoft Azure using .Net Core and the latest technologies, is built to reconcile billions of Pounds (or Euros, Dollars, Zloty…) of Mastercard and Visa payments, verify cardholders’ identities, send new cards out to cardholders, spot fraudulent activity in real-time and more.
They’re a small but rapidly growing team with global aspirations.
We are seeking a talented Product Owner to join their team with responsibility for the Card Administration Tool (CAT) and its use in managing a portfolio of cards. This is one of five core modules that we provide.
The role involves
- Working closely with the CEO and Business Development & Marketing Manager to define the product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Providing vision and direction to an Agile development team, organising the product backlog, and making sure that the team always has clear objectives and priorities
- Writing user stories and working closely with the development team to produce new functionality
- Working closely with the other module teams to ensure all the technology and bits of our business work seamlessly together
Requirements and qualifications
The person filling this role will have:
- Previous experience working as a Product Owner for 2+ years
- A good understanding of software development, including some hands-on knowledge (for example, able to write SQL queries/stored procedures, or maybe you’ve done some development work yourself)
- Superb communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creativity and the ability to set out a clear vision for the product
- Some knowledge of payment systems, particularly Mastercard or Visa, and the players in the FinTech market
It’s not essential but would help if you have:
- Worked for a team involved in the prepaid, debit or credit card space, for example an Issuer (holding a banking license or electronic money license), Program Manager, Processor, or Acquirer (in which case, you’ll know what these terms mean)
- Technical knowledge of MasterCard or Visa systems
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Project Management, or other meaningful discipline
- A casual, friendly working environment
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary
- The chance to not only work with the latest technologies but the freedom to drive our technology stack forward
- The opportunity to head a team that enjoys working collaboratively, sharing knowledge in an agile development environment.
- and many more...
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.