Our client is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Our client’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. They provide instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Our client's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. They are headquartered in Oakland, California with international offices in the UK, the Netherlands, South Korea and Australia.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to Implement and execute test plans for our client’s suite of products throughout the full software lifecycle. You will help maintain and expand test case and test automation coverage working within an Agile scrum team to develop and measure quality assurance standards. Publish test results, help triage bugs, compose acceptance criteria for stories, and mentor fellow teammates on quality engineering standard methodologies.
- You are going to work closely with developers and Product Owner within an agile team to test their products and services
- You are a believer in automation while not afraid to get hands dirty doing manual testing where needed.
- Defining and executing test strategies to ensure quality releases.
- You are process-oriented with attention to detail.
- Improve code coverage by contributing towards automation.
- Assist with evaluation of new automation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience developing resilient test automation with frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver.
- Good programming skills with knowledge of OOP concepts and design patterns.
- Experience with testing web services and automating REST APIs.
- Experience with gray box testing.
- Experience with CI Platform (Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Familiarity with Bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Experience with Version Control System similar to Git.
- Working knowledge of CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Experience working in agile development environment.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Superb communication and attention to detail.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing such as AWS.
- Experience in Performance Testing using tools such as JMeter.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to travel internationally
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.