Newcastle upon Tyne
£35,000 - £45,000
We’re looking for an experienced PHP developer with fresh ideas to join our ranks. As part of the team, you’ll help us deliver some of the most innovative projects on our roadmap and continuously improve the scalability and usability of our eCommerce platform.
We’re advocates of efficient code, functional design and frictionless user experience, with a firm belief that companies must ‘innovate or die’. The perfect candidate will share our values and be a natural team-player, as we tackle all projects together and frequently collaborate with other departments too.
As well as a competitive salary and major perks such as flexible working and unlimited holidays, we’re offering the opportunity to shape the future of our platform, continuously learn new technologies relevant to our strategy, and closely work, learn and knowledge-share with an agile team that has many decades of experience in product development, design and management.
If you fit the bill, we’d love to tell you more about our plans and find out how you can help us realise them.
- Contribute to the conception, development and delivery of R&D projects
- Write robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery (and learn other languages and frameworks if required)
- Act as the chief developer on large scale projects where required (with support from R&D Development Lead)
- Collaborate with R&D team members (and other departments where applicable) to pro-actively enrich our platform
- Produce documentation (including technical specifications, setup guidance and user instructions where required)
- Adhere to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Complete assigned tasks on time and on spec
- Contribute to technical discussions, decisions and R&D strategies
- Carry out regular, relevant research and share findings/insights across the team
- Shadow R&D Development Lead and provide cover in their absence if needed
- Achieve KPIs assigned to role
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Commercial experience in developing scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing with Laravel or Lumen frameworks
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Linux and APC
- Experience with OAuth
- Experience with - or aptitude/willingness to learn - Redis, VueJS and Sphinx
- Commercial experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Prior experience using Git
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience
- Commercial experience of eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Open Cart, etc (preferred, but not essential)
- Knowledge/use of eCommerce-related APIs and services (preferred, but not essential)
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.