Newcastle upon Tyne
£30,000 - £35,000
Senior Developer/Lead Developer
Developer Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with Release Management in the definition of the deployment planning and implementation of software and configuration changes to the live environment in accordance with release instructions agreed with service impacts and timescales.
- Work alongside project teams (analysts, developers, testers and implementation managers) during software release.
- Work with the operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over appropriately and ensure updates are made to operational procedures.
- Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
- Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
- Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
- Drive the documentation and review revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams to pro-actively identify productivity opportunities.
- Drive excellence in application development & the Agile software delivery lifecycle.
- Ensure high-quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. utilise a Wiki-based system maintaining the “shift left” strategy of the operational team and enabling client self-service.
- Deliver professional 3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
Lead Responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Code quality and maintainability
- Architecture vision and design
- Source control branching strategies and Git processes
- Build on existing processes to reduce the manual work of existing teams.
Support for improving attestation around security and segregation of duty compliance.
Introduce new technologies to the business
Support the Technical Leadership team with mentoring other team members
Educate the business on Agile / SCRUM methodologies
Review and access code from peers.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Senior Developer/Software Engineer or similar role including experience
- managing and leading a global team.
- Experienced in Software Development Lifecycles (Lean/Agile)
- Experience in software configuration management (Git and Git Flow)
- Experience in a Windows-based 24/7 environment
- Experience in writing and using Transact-SQL queries, VB.NET, C#.NET.
- Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
- MS SQL/Windows
- Amazon Web Services
- A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem-solving and the flexibility to work in a fast-changing 24/7 operational support environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Knowledge of ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) for service management
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
- A great communicator
Proven experience with several of the following
- Firewalls & Internet security
- Java Frameworks
- IIS Server knowledge
- Experience in the Atlassian product suite or equivalent ticketing and project management systems
- Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving card payment processing
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.
- Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs