Absolute are a Magento Business Solution Partner who have been established for 24 years. They're a digital creative agency specialising in web design and development, with an impressive and varied client base. They are looking for an experienced and talented Magento Developer to join our growing team.
Do you want to work with a wide range of clients, from well-known brands to exciting startups? Are you interested in developing your own skills whilst helping to build a growing development team?
You’ll work on a wide range of interesting ecommerce projects, as part of an expert team of Magento Certified developers and Solution Specialists. This will see you impart your own Magento knowledge but allow you to learn new technologies and methodologies including working towards a certification in Magento 2.
You'll be an experienced PHP developer with an in-depth knowledge of Magento and a number of deployments under your belt. They will also provide you with Magento training and certification where necessary.
- Excellent commercial experience with Magento 2 Open Source
- Excellent PHP and MSQL
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
- Experience of version control, preferably Git
- Experience working in process-driven environment•Strong communication skills
- An appetite for personal learning and development and an interest in the state andshape of the industry
- Magento certification
- Experience with Magento Commerce
- Experience with other PHP frameworks – they use Laravel
- Experience of CSS preprocessors (SASS / LESS)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience of caching solutions e.g. Varnish, Redis
- Commercial experience of systems integration via SOAP, REST, file transfer etc.
- Familiar with debugging and profiling tools e.g. Xdebug
- Familiar with packaging systems e.g. Composer
- Experience with deployment workflows
- Knowledge ofvirtualised or containerised environments e.g. Docker
- A good understanding of Linux-based hosting environments
- A good understanding of internet architecture.
Working in a professional creative environment, this role involves:
- Mentoring and collaborating with members of the team
- Helping us in shaping our solutions and process
- Interpreting and helping to write requirement briefs, specifications, wireframesand designs
- Build bespoke modules or advise on off-the-shelf solutionsto meet techrequirements
- Provide estimates for scope of work
- Advise account handlers and clients on solutions and practices
- Problem-solving issues on existing sites.
- Work from home opportunities
- Discounted/free food
- Subsidised commuter solution
- Company events & social hours
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- Casual dress
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.