Newcastle upon Tyne
£ - £
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of creating commercial, flexible .NET applications in C# for a period of 5+ years.
- Proficiency in .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, MVC, WebAPI and designing RESTful web services.
- Experience designing SQL Server Databases and writing efficient optimised queries.
- Version control exposure (specifically Git).
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of server-side infrastructure, including but not limited to web application hosting and database management in SQL Server.
- Experience with cloud hosting environments (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS etc) and virtual networking.
- An understanding of Continuous Integration, Deployment and Unit Testing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with your peers.
- Experience building teams and managing developers of a wide expertise range.
- Most importantly, a passionate attitude to empowering developers through guidance and autonomy.
- Writing high quality, maintainable code that is easy to read and test.
- Creating system components from scratch to help us expand our client offering and to fulfil businessrequirements.
- Chair code reviews with team members, underpinning good development practices where appropriate.
- Participate in sprint planning and meetings related to the development roadmap.
- Hold daily stand-ups with the team to ensure tasks are progressing as expected.
- Control release management, ensuring we only ever release tested and clean builds.
- Managing our cloud hosted infrastructure when required.
- Engage with internal teams and external stakeholders when required to fully understand business requirements.
- Actively engage in emerging development techniques and technologies, suggesting where feasible improvementsto our development stack to the CIO.
- When required, work an extra hour or two with the team to get us across the line!
It’d be nice, but not critical if you had:
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
- An understanding of payments processing, and industry standards such as ISO 8583 messaging.
- Experience handling large datasets and working with data warehousing solutions.
- Exposure to front end frameworks and libraries such as AngularJS and jQuery.
- Experience with issue tracking in JIRA, GitLab or TFS.
Back to Jobs