Newcastle upon Tyne
£30,000 - £35,000
Lucy's Job of the Day: Senior .NET Developer from Ronald James.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of creating commercial, flexible .NET applications in C# for a period of 5+ years.
- Proficiency in .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, MVC, WebAPI and designing RESTful web services.
- Experience designing SQL Server Databases and writing efficient optimised queries.
- Version control exposure (specifically Git).
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of server-side infrastructure, including but not limited to web application hosting and database management in SQL Server.
- Experience with cloud hosting environments (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS etc) and virtual networking.
- An understanding of Continuous Integration, Deployment and Unit Testing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with your peers.
- Experience building teams and managing developers of a wide expertise range.
- Most importantly, a passionate attitude toward empowering developers through guidance and autonomy.
- Writing high quality, maintainable code that is easy to read and test.
- Creating system components from scratch to help us expand our client offering and to fulfil business requirements.
- Chair code reviews with team members, underpinning good development practices where appropriate.
- Participate in sprint planning and meetings related to the development roadmap.
- Hold daily stand-ups with the team to ensure tasks are progressing as expected.
- Control release management, ensuring we only ever release tested and clean builds.
- Managing our cloud-hosted infrastructure when required.
- Engage with internal teams and external stakeholders when required to fully understand business requirements.
- Actively engage in emerging development techniques and technologies, suggesting where feasible improvements to our development stack to the CIO.
- When required, work an extra hour or two with the team to get us across the line!
It’d be nice, but not critical if you had:
- An understanding of payments processing, and industry standards such as ISO 8583 messaging.
- Experience handling large datasets and working with data warehousing solutions.
- Exposure to front-end frameworks and libraries such as AngularJS and jQuery.
- Experience with issue tracking in JIRA, GitLab or TFS.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.