Our clients' senior engineers are hands on, managing and monitoring a large estate of enterprise level auto-scaling services, building and rolling out CI/CD toolchains to automate and increase the speed of their deployments, pro-active in detecting and averting issues, and always looking to improve performance, quick to re-factor legacy compoents and be exceptional debuggers when looking at root cause. They lead improvement projects, have automony, help and coach the wider team, have an understanding of the business context, be commercially aware and really help drive change and improvements to make the stack robust and scalable.
Who You'll Be
They run on AWS however use a variety of 3rd party services to run and serve their content. If you are able to demonstrate extensive experience in AWS they are open to flexibility on all other skills, personanality and team fit are often more important then use of tool/system X.
- 10+ years experience in a hands on capacity in production focused operations team
- 5+ years in Cloud focused environments.
- Have extensive and demonstrable experience with Amazon Web Services (ideally certification to Development level and Specialist in Adv. Networking / Security)
- Ideally experience in other cloud services such as Azure / GCP
- Proficient in scripting language such as Python / Ruby / Go / Typescript, and development of robust tooling to support automations, use of 3rd party API's etc.
- Proficient in Infrastructure as code – Cloudformation / Terraform – they aim for fully immutable services. Ideally some use of AWS CDK.
- Configuration management using Puppet / Ansible is desirable.
- Clearly documents work and shares with others.
- Experience of enterprise level global distribution of content via CDN (they serve petabytes worth of traffic and hundreds of billion of object requests).
- Thorough understanding of TLS and secure ciphers
- Understands the importance of Security configuration, implementation of best practices, hardening, and incident repsonse procedures.
- Fully versed on end to end monitoring and alerting configurations.
- Have implemented auto-scaling logic based on application / environment metrics.
- Understanding of queues and messaging.
- Worked in environment with formalised release processes.
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about the right way to do things.
- You understand how to deliver a very high availability in a modern cloud environment.
- You believe automating infrastructure is important and that changes should be well tested
- You are happy to participate in the on-call rota – the aim is for very low frequency call outs
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.