Our client is a leading supplier of software to the online gambling and social gaming industries. They power some of the biggest brands globally, working in regulated markets and processing hundreds of millions of transactions per month.
Their headquarters are in Newcastle upon Tyne, in the heart of the north-east of England. They also have offices in London and Sofia, Bulgaria.
We are looking to recruit a Site Reliability Engineer to join their Fabric Team. You'll work in a highly collaborative way to drive efforts to build, support and improve their infrastructure and tools used by their development teams to run the services that make up their platform. We expect that you demonstrate and apply exemplary engineering practices to increase agility, improve quality and help reduce downtime in all our solutions.
As our Client adopts DevOps culture, you’re also expected to drive this change and ensure that they embed Agile and DevOps principles in everything they do.
- Automate, automate, automate
- Deliver solid infrastructure as code and desired configuration state solutions by using automation tools such as Terraform and Puppet
- Design and implement solutions that boost the stability, scalability, performance and security of Fabric products
- Support services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, Latency and overall system health
- Work towards integrating the delivery of the infrastructure into the CI/CD pipeline, including helping to implement automated testing.
- Mentoring / supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and standard methodologies
- Evangelise DevOps culture of continuous improvement within our client
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with people within and outside the team and evolve Fabric products documentation
- Contribute to healthy team culture and engagement in the team’s current priorities.
- Raise any issues and propose solutions for mitigation
- Deep understanding of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with cloud operations and site reliability
- Understanding of new technologies and practices for operating modern distributed services within the cloud
- Experience with common monitoring systems such as Nagios, Icinga, New Relic.
- Deep understanding of Git
- Experience in using Puppet or other similar tool like Chef, Ansible etc.
- Skilled in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL data store technologies.
- Familiarity with agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation
- Desire to continually learn, improve and challenge our current methods of operating our client's platform
- Experience in Terraform or similar
- Experience in Azure
- Experience in Automated Infrastructure Testing (e.g. Beaker, Test Kitchen)
- Understanding of compiled or interpreted programming languages such as C#, Go, Ruby.
- Knowledge of/experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad etc.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.