The IT Services Team provides IT systems and infrastructure including mobile telecommunication.
Our client cover application design, development, testing and run a Service Desk providing support for both internal and external services.
They also provide Business Intelligence reporting services.
The Project Services Team provides Project Management including Business Analysis services, supporting colleagues in the successful delivery of their projects.
Who You'll Be
- Build robust, scalable and high quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing.
Build, customize, deploy, and manage the environment / test automation frameworks.
Checking for product scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
Participate in design and architectural discussions.
Lead by example, demonstrating best practice and supporting Software Developers
and Testers in the team.
What's the team structure?
What does the job involve?
They are a highly skilled Agile software development team who embrace new technologies. They are always looking to improve. They investigate new technologies and implement those that improve their systems and development processes.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for engineering quality into their software and processes. They will work closely with the Senior SDET, testers, developers and the business representative to design, develop and maintain the automated test framework.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven development experience in a Developer in Test role or similar that includes related disciplines such as test automation
- Some experience of solution design, system structure, the logical view, the physical view, and security
- Some experience of providing support, advice and coaching to IT colleagues on software development principals and approach to testing.
- Experience of translating business specifications into technical specifications
- Proven experience in use of automated testing solutions and tools, such as Selenium WebDriver API, Cucumber, Protractor
- Understanding of Object Orientated Design Patterns and Principles
- Understanding of Web API Testing/REST
- Knowledge of Performance and Load Testing Tools/Approaches (JMeter etc)
- Good Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API skills, and Visual Studio
- A good working knowledge of SQL server
- Understanding of dependency injection frameworks
- A good knowledge of TDD, BDD/DDD, object oriented concepts and design patterns
- Understanding Continuous Integration/Delivery Pipelines (Preferably with Azure DevOps)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
The specialist duties and responsibilities of the SDET are to:
- Design and build automated test solutions for complex applications that are secure (OAuth tokens) and scalable
- To assist in the selection of application stack, automation / test tools, libraries,
- frameworks and technology standards to contribute to the overall Software Development Team approach
- Be involved in research and implementation of testing strategies in Modern architecture, such as Micro-services, etc.
- Integrate automated testing tools into build pipelines to promote a culture of Continuous Integration
- To maintain and improve source code control, build process and other development processes and tools
- To work with development team to provide solutions and designs aligning with business objectives and requirements
- Collaborate with Senior SDET and SDET to improve ways of implementing engineering quality in the software by working closely with developers
- Communicate with the Developers and Testers on project progress and estimations from a technical perspective.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders define example mapping and acceptance criteria using BDD
- To actively participate in their daily scrums, contribute and engage in the sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings.
- To work alongside their product owner, test team and the development team to review and improve product backlog items
- To undertake own personal development to improve technical and non-technical skills.
- To keep your skills up to date with regards to the technologies and identify new technologies which could improve software development and testing, processes and practicesTo produce high quality in engineering by utilising the latest best practices and tools
- Be a para-developer -> to be able to pick up development tasks and be one of the more T shaped members of the team
- Carry out any other duties, appropriate with the grade of the post, as requested by the Software Delivery Lead/Test Coach
Abilities & Behaviors
- Ability to provide support, advice and coaching to IT colleagues on software development principals and approach
- aptitude for acquiring knowledge, skills and new technologies
- ability to maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- ability to confidently communicate level of risk of any change on the technical architecture to the Development Leads
- commercial focus
- good team player
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.