Technically responsible for members of the web development team, to ensure that software is delivered to agreed timescales and to agreed quality levels. To ensure the provision of documentation and support to the Software Tester and Technical Author. To provide support and assist prioritisation of any incidents that the Care Desk and Project Management teams are unable to handle with their own resources.
- Technical leadership of the day to day activities of the development team.
- Assist in a continual assessment of existing practices and the implementation of change when required.
- Ensuring that departmental policies, procedures and recommended techniques are followed appropriately across the team.
- To provide architectural guidance and governance on projects
- To oversee the development of software to enhance the sales proposition for the products and services, and for in-house use that supports the business processes and other departments and the Mawsdleys Group.
- To ensure existence and production of specifications as required before embarking on the development of medium to large software projects.
- To ensure that any Care Desk or Project team escalations are dealt with in a timely and professional way.
- To communicate with other areas of the business to facilitate the successful release of a new version of software.
- To learn about new software development technologies, such as Microsoft .NET Core
- Ensure the team adheres to all Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in compliance to BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
- To adhere to all Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in compliance to BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- People management skills.
- Programming languages, including but not limited to: C#, and SQL.
- Application frameworks, including Microsoft .NET, and ASP.NET.
- Working knowledge of the business domain for supported applications including retail and basic pharmacy knowledge.
- Company policies and procedures.
- Development methodologies including Agile & SCRUM
The ability to analyse and define a business problem in computing terms.
The effectiveness of the Software Development team directly affects the ability of other areas of the business to meet their goals. Decisions taken should reflect impact and results required by the company in total rather than purely the performance of the Development Team.
The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both within the business and within the customers’ business. The ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical staff. The ability to ask open questions in order to elicit additional information that might be required in order to reproduce or resolve an issue.
All Company personnel are required to act in accordance with ISO9001 accredited procedure and practice. Changes to them must be carried out using the proper change control procedure.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.