Day to day you'll be testing out incoming user stories and bugs on their development environment(s), and liaising with the developers to implement fixes for any issues that come up. You'll also be working on increasing their test coverage for various functional areas of the application by developing their automated test suite, under the guidance of the team lead.
Who You'll Be
You'll be working with in an agile sprint team of Software Engineers, other Software Test Engineers, Lead engineers, DevOps magicians, and Product Owners. Theirs prints run on a two-week basis, and as part of the sprint team, you'll have the opportunity to test features and bug fixes in a wide variety of areas across the platform, as well as creating and running software automation. At the end of these sprints, they'll run a retrospective, where you'll been courage to voice your opinion about what went well, what didn't, and what they could do differently next sprint to better reach their sprint goals. They'll review this on a regular basis to make sure your voice is heard and changes actioned based on the team's feedback.
Ideally, you'll have knowledge in some or all of these areas. Don't worry if you've only heard of a few, they're still learning some ourselves!ï»¿
- Black-box and White-box testing
- Boundary testing
- Selenium Webdriver
- Performance testing tools
- Git (GitHub + Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration + Deployment
- JIRA + Confluence
- Passionate about testing: Testing isn't just a day-to-day job for you, it's a vocation. You're keen to explore new technologies and solutions and enjoy the technical challenges of testing all types of software
- Attention to detail: You should have an inquisitive nature and good attention to detail, as well as being able to log bugs and explain them.
- Technology Experience: You've worked with some of their testing technologies before, in particular Selenium, and have a good handle on their advantages and some of their challenges. You're always keen to try new solutions, but even if they don't workout, they'll learn something from the experience.
- Communication is key: You're a confident speaker who can articulate not just what you'll be doing, but why it's necessary and how it can be achieved. You are comfortable receiving constructive feedback, as well as sharing your knowledge with others.
- Innovation: Self-learning is part of your DNA. You're comfortable learning about the latest technologies and testing approaches and more importantly, know how and when to apply them.
- Seeing things through: You love seeing projects through to completion and are excited by the prospect of working on something that has scope to be used by hundreds of thousands of people
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.