As a software tester, working under the direction of their Test Manager, you will work within a team of other talented people testing innovative and challenging solutions as part of an agile squad. Your day-to-day life as part of Team Idol will look a little like this...
- Producing, maintaining and improving testing plans and test cases.
- Analysing test output and producing test reports.
- Testing the solutions delivered by the development team for accessibility, usability and inclusion.
- Identification, reporting and tracking the resolution of defects.
- Communicating testing methodologies and strategy to your team members.
Who You'll Be
- Attention to detail – to identify issues and bugs, including those that aren't quite so obvious.
- Excellent communication skills – we're a talkative bunch, so effective communication is vital.
- Ambition – we do their best to create a culture of continuous improvement, so we can get the best out of their people. An appetite for ongoing learning and personal growth is a must.
- Driven by delivery – we don't like to micro-manage their staff. You will be given the freedom to self-manage your workload to continually meet agreed deadlines.
- Multi-tasking – technology doesn't stand still and neither do we. An ability to juggle several projects and prioritise demands is key.
- Analytical skills – to collect information, categorise data, review results to identify patterns and trends.
The right fit for their team is every bit as important as the letters after your name or the years of experience under your belt. Some knowledge of programming would be beneficial however, including an understanding of programming languages. Previous employment that included elements of software testing may also be considered. This could include:
- Identifying and recording of defects.
- User accessibility and/or user experience which may include visual and motor skill impairment.
- Working with medium to large volumes of data, performing calculations and changing the format of data.
- Knowledge or experience of using a range of internet browsers across multiple operating systems and devices (phones, tablets, personal computers).
- Experience in programming automated and robotic software for testing.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.