Newcastle upon Tyne
£18,000 - £25,000
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Strategy Analyst to join our Commercial team.
The purpose of this role is to support the Chief Strategy Officer in the research, analysis and forecasting to support the Corporate Strategy, Annual Business Plan and new Product /Market propositions including presenting information to stakeholders across the business.
Research - This person needs to be a self-starter, comfortable working autonomously to gather and organise data. They will need to work with disparate data to solve problems as they arise. Over time they will become the “go-to expert”. Typical research includes:
- Countries - Producing market studies including; the size of the opportunity, nature of opportunity (number of operators etc), competitive environment etc.
- Competitors - Product offering and situation in global/ local marketplaces.
- Target Customers - Understand target’s business - financials, business structure, decision makers & process, supplier mix, nature of situation/problems (SWOT).
- Due Diligence - Looking at potential opportunities for acquisition based on business strategy. This will be driven by CSO/Board.
- Analysis - Taking the above Research to build an on-going picture of the ecosystem so that this person can:
- Country Market Study - Monitor and recommend the market entry point (or not) based on economic but also technical and regulatory situation.
- Competitors - Regular SWOT analysis of competitors. How should this impact our planning for a given market or product?
- Target Customers - Analyse strength of opportunity working in collaboration with Commercial team.
- Products - Analysing the broad range of data points to provide a clear understanding of position in the market.
- Building Data Models / Forecasting - This role requires the building of data models to forecast, assess and review (and whilst not necessarily complex, this person must be comfortable in the creation, management and use of spreadsheets or other tools).
- Size opportunity - Using the above research and analysis to forecast the size of a particular opportunity. Working with Commercial and Finance to validate the potential contractual value.
- Cost / Complexity - As above, working with cost information on previous projects to assess likely cost and complexity.
- Return on Investment (ROI) - Given established benchmarks for opportunities, provide an output of value to the CSO, Commercial Director and other relevant stakeholders.
- Project Reviews - Analysis of previous projects and whether the forecasts were accurate on; effort/complexity, time to deliver, revenue forecasts etc.
- KPIs / Dashboards - Work with Senior stakeholders to improve the levels of Management Information in the business.
Recommending Outputs - Synthesise the outputs and develop solutions and write proposals, presented in a clear communication suitable for various stakeholder groups.
- Written presentations - Powerpoint / Google Slides or similar
- Summary documents - Structured Word / Google Doc or similar
- Support docs - Data models, Dashboards etc
- Spoken - Physically presenting to different groups to share high-level information
Education, skills, experience
- The right fit - Working globally in a fast moving, tech-driven environment with young, hungry people who want to do well. Cultural fit is vital.
- The right attitude - This role may suit both those with little employment experience or those with a proven employment history.
- We want the best - A driven individual, who can both work autonomously but also collaboratively, to do what is needed to get the job done.
- Statistical analysis - Demonstrable skill is a benefit (either via employment or within a degree - e.g. Statistical study). Ability to build data models preferable.
- Commercial - Understanding of the Commercial environment is preferable - e.g. Sales pipeline and process
- Other - Preferable knowledge and experience in marketing, business and finance
- Analysis - Preferable knowledge of qualitative analysis, econometrics or similar.
- Education - Educated to Degree standard.
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.