We are looking for a proactive, innovative, can-do system administrator with a collaborative approach and passion for solving IT-related business problems to help our client meet their aggressive growth plans.
Reporting to the Group IT Manager the System Administrator will collaborate with the team to provide proactive services to maintain, migrate and upgrade the systems used by the business. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of business problems. Coverage includes the Head office sites in Hebburn & Newcastle, remote users at other offices and home workers and some occasional field-based work to support customer deployments. In addition, the System Administrator carries out research and provides data support for business programs using a variety of means including specialised database extractions, data mining and online database searches.
- You will provide 3rd line customer support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware.
- You will provide internal IT troubleshooting of advanced network issues and internal business tools (including invoicing and accounting systems).
- You will perform requirements analysis using company tools.
- You will be responsible for mobile phone and laptop management and provision, configuration and deployment.
- You will be responsible for the service, maintenance and upgrade of in-house systems including Active Directory, Exchange server, IIS, SQL Reports.
- You will be responsible for the service, maintenance and facilitate our Office 365 environment including the migration from on-premise to the cloud.
- You will lead and assist in systems migration planning and implementation, keeping records and addressing risks.
- You will be adept at working independently, being able to manage issues and communicate effectively with different stakeholders within the business.
- You will provide updates on KPIs for the progress of maintenance and migration projects.
- You will compile reports on a regular basis for different parts of the business.
- You will provide in-house training in more advanced applications to other colleagues in R&D.
- You will have advanced Active Directory administration knowledge with the capability to create user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, auditing AD.
- You will arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- You will author and update Systems Administration process and knowledge base.
Essential Skills and Experience
- An appropriate degree or equivalent industry experience. In addition, MCP certification would differentiate a candidate.
- Minimum 2 years Systems Administration experience in a production enterprise environment.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 experience.
- Migration project management experience.
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 2016
- Experience of hybrid on-premises/Office 365 environments.
- Excellent customer service and client management skills with the ability to anticipate and meet the requirements of all customers.
- Tenacity, drive and determination for the analysis, diagnosis and resolution of business problems.
- Good interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Able to self-motivate, work as part of a team, work on own initiative, prioritise and handle a diverse workload.
- Good organisational skills and high attention to detail.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of DevOps for on-premises and cloud-based .Net desirable.
- Experience of methodical software and hardware testing is desirable.
- Experience of collaborating with Agile Development teams desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Experience with Qlik Sense or Crystal Reports would be an advantage.