The primary responsibilities of the infrastructure team include:
- The design and build of the eSuite architecture, including Azure, AWS, Redis and MPP Global's private cloud
- Hosting and reliability assurance of all eSuite hosting environments, providing high availability, 365 days, 24/7
- System monitoring and incident management
- The ongoing maintenance of all eSuite hosting environments
- Operating within controlled frameworks that include PCI DSS, SOC 1 & SOC 2, ISO27001, GDPR.
- Robust preventative maintenance programmes
- Management of internal IT systems (including Office365, networks, telephone, etc.)
Who You'll Be
- Taking ownership of infrastructure projects delegated by the Head of Platform. This includes providing progress reports to senior management, as well as being accountable for the delivery of these projects.
- Responsible for low level management issues regarding system monitoring, server performance, network monitoring, infrastructure support, as they'll as acting as 2nd line escalation on out-of-hours support.
- Playing a key role in driving pro-active and reactive monitoring, event correlation, and management tools for all IT infrastructure and applications, performing troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Designating, distributing and ensuring completion of infrastructure and operational tasks amongst the team.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in a HA (high availability) environment
- MS Windows 2008 & 2012
- MS SQL 2008 and 2016
- Azure & AWS configurationCisco ASA Firewalls
- Network & website monitoring software, vulnerability scanning (PRTG, Site 24/7, Pingdom, Nessus)
- PowerShell, Python Scripting
- Redis or similar data storage technologies
- Experience of working in PCI compliant environments
- Experience of working with cyber security practices
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Working hand-in-hand with Head of Platform, assisting with low level infrastructure decisions as well as basic HR admin decisions such work schedules, resource allocation and leave requests to ensure that the team is sufficiently staffed. Furthermore, being the key contact for infrastructure issues when the Head of Platform is absent from the office.
- Assisting with the recruitment process; providing job specifications, as well as interviewing potential candidates.
- Training new members of staff, assisting with training initiatives for the existing team and providing support to the Head of Platform for team meetings, Appraisals, and 1-2-1's.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.