Our client is looking for bright committed individuals who want to help them create the future, in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
- Work alone and collaborate in building a test strategy and deployment processes
- Implement a full range of test cases for both device ﬁrmware and web software
- Develop scripts and test tools to support your work
- Work with other teams to identify risks, limitations and roadblocks then
- Work with the greater team to provide input in to schedules
- Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved together
- Work with and without direction at times
- Deﬁne a test process in an agile SDLC
- Own test quality and promote best practices with the software team
- Drive and educate others to increase code conﬁdence
- Take pride in your work, own your tasks and ensure they are delivered on time and to speciﬁcation
- Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team across department
What’s it like to work for our client?
After working in Silicon Valley a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three founding principles to our client:
- They exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as their investors)
- Their people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
- They should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
Hours may be long and demanding, however they promote a relatively informal way of working where bright people gain respect regardless of level and job title. Everyone has a voice and can all make a diﬀerence. at the end of the day if the company wins, they all win.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- 3+ years of professional test development experience
- Developed test sets for complex software platforms in the IoT space
- Great working knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages
- Solid experience testing web based projects and associated tools (Cucumber)
- Experience developing and deploying automation tests in an Agile SDLC (Jenkins) • Experience with Git or equivalent SCM
- Experience working with IoT messaging systems (AWS IoT core) is a plus
- Knowledge of hardware data buses (I2C, UART, SPI) is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.