Our client is a technology solutions provider operating within Great Britain’s pharmaceutical dispensing sector. It’s continued success and growth into digital transformation demands the quality assurance of several key work streams. An eclectic array of software development ranging from core pharmacy systems to patient mobile application solutions awaits a driven, focussed and talented test manager. The Test Manager is responsible, on behalf of the Head of Technology, for the coordination of all testing activities during every stage of the test process, as well as coordination with senior management on testing projects and strategies. Authoritative mentorship and advice to the test team is a key aspect of the role, as is advising on the practicality of the project.
Summary of role
The Test Manager will collaborate with the Head of Technology and work alongside with our client’s employees to ensure that quality testing is carried out by the team and solutions deployed are fit for purpose (clinically and functionally) and accepted by users and project partners. The role is also responsible for following and improving the Technology Testing strategy and ensuring the team understand and meet the Technology Test Team objectives outlined.
The below outlines the key accountabilities:
- Building up and leading the Testing Team to the success of project
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Deploying and handling resources for testing
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement
- Define Test Strategy to cater for various development methodologies
- Ensure a high degree of test automation
- Make use of appropriate testing tools and services (undertaking formal software / vendor selection where appropriate)
- Make use of external resources where appropriate
- Ensure that the testing strategy is kept up to date in the light of industry trends and changing business needs
- Build Test Documentation templates to support test activities
- Represent the testing work stream at Senior Technology meetings and Project stakeholder meetings
- Manage Test activities across projects
- Oversee Live Support defect retesting within IT and across business work streams
- Schedule pre-production environment usage
- Liaise with the Head of Programme Management and Service Desk Manager on deployments and environment refreshes
- Provide cross project status updates to the business and resource schedules on a weekly basis
- Raise issues or risks to Head of Technology
- Recruit new resources and coach and develop team members as appropriate
Skills and attributes
Required qualifications include ISTQB or ISEB certification, with Bachelors or Masters degrees in mathematics, engineering or science giving good chances for advancement. Applicants with higher qualifications or meaningful experience are more likely to be selected for this demanding position
The Test Manager should also have:
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices
- Advanced knowledge of computers
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software engineering process
- Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools
- People skills, especially diplomacy and advocacy skills
- Planning and management skills
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.