Our client is your partner in education with integrity. This company’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. They provide instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalised feedback. Their service is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. They are headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are seeking a full stack designer who will help them bring their next generation of products to the EdTech market. This is the ideal position for candidates who are self driven and energised by creating designs for all stages of the product lifecycle. You’ll have the opportunity to make big impact in education through technology and will play an integral role in designing experiences for millions of educators and students worldwide.
- Deliver full lifecycle of designs which meet product requirements and business objectives
- Create designs at all levels of fidelity, e.g., sketches, prototypes, hifi mocks, detailed specs
- Support UX research efforts to iterate and improve user experience
- Provide visual QA for implemented designs to ensure designs are built to spec
- Collaborate with team to plan short term and long term goals
- Participate in scrum team activities such as backlog refinement, planning, and review.
- Support UX initiatives to improve design best practices, e.g., design systems, design critiques
Characteristics for Success:
- Motivated self starter who will drive a project from beginning to end with minimal guidance
- Ability to articulate deliberate design decisions which align to business objectives
- Solid reputation collaborating magnificently in a cross disciplinary team of product managers, engineers, and designers
- Exemplary presentation and interpersonal skills
- Receptive to feedback from partners and peers
- Committed attention to detail
- 2+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, product designer, or similar role
- Proven track record managing multiple projects at one time while still meeting ambitious deadlines
- Experience crafting across devices, e.g., desktop, tablet, mobile
- Fluency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision
- Online portfolio required for consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, design, or related field
- Experience in UX research, e.g., usability testing, surveys, metric analysis
- Experience creating and/or maintaining design systems
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Knowledgeable about EdTech market and needs
- Experience designing B2B SaaS products
- Benefits wise we have a pension
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Gym reimbursement
- Various salary sacrifice type schemes
- 25 days holiday plus discretionary Christmas leave (usually 2/3 days)
- Training and reimbursement on the personal training
- Free snacks/breakfasts etc.
- Also a very good benefit for some people which is 6 weeks full pay for paternity leave plus your holiday to be taken in first year from birth, won't appeal to all but will to some as it is far better than most will get.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.