Our client is an award winning scale-up with huge ambitions, based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
Their software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Their feature-rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now embraced by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google. Having experienced rapid growth over the last two years, they are now recruiting a talented UX-Designer to help take them to the next level and beyond.
What's Exciting About It?
The UX Designer role is a newly created one and you’ll be given the support and resources you need to thrive and make it yours, in your own way. You’ll play a meaningful role in crafting the vision for the product and bringing it to life systematically. Their mission is to help employers be amazing at engaging their workforces.
This is an opportunity to work on a product that matters - you can help change the working lives of hundreds of thousands of employees. The customer is their compass (it’s one of their values) and they’re investing big-time in the development of their product. You’ll be working in a team that is committed to building something they’re all really proud of, at pace but without the pressures of a budget driven timesheet and without the red-tape that often holds things up.
The Role (In a nutshell)
Working with the Product Development Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for building an amazing user experience.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Work across functional teams to recognize the real problem and needs of both their customers and the business.
- Help to plan, conduct and collate user research with the assistance of the Customer Success team via surveys, interviews and focus groups.
- Report findings and lead a collaborative approach to ideation and design.
- Translate ideas into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and build prototypes for testing and validation.
- Work closely with the development team to produce production ready deliverables.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- With a minimum of three years UX design experience under your belt, the ideal candidate can demonstrate experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- You’ll be well-versed in your preferred tools of the trade (Sketch, Axure RP, InVision etc…) whilst basic front-end development skills are a massive (but not essential) plus.
- You’re able to work with customers and partners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet our customers needs.
- You’ve got extensive experience in using UX design standard methodologies to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- You’ve the ability to iterate your designs and solutions expertly and intelligently.
- You’re a phenomenal communicator and can clearly and effectively relay design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams and customers.
- You’re open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism; and you’re passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working and flexitime; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.