As a web developer, you will work on a wide variety of products, from simple prototypes to large systems with a global reach. You will work with the CTO to design database and systems architectures and work as part of a team with other web and mobile engineers to plan and deliver projects to fit requirements.
- You must have at least 3 years experience working as part of a team in a professional environment and have already been part of a team that has worked on multiple projects from conception to release.
- You must be keen to keep up with the latest advancements in your field, including both hardware and software advancements. You should have one ear to the ground in relation to libraries, frameworks and other services that could aid your working process.
- You should be keen to learn from and teach others, whether they be in our office, at conferences or online.
- We take pride in building quality products and we will expect you to uphold those standards.
- Proven experience building REST APIs
- Understanding and experience with RDBMS like MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Understanding of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience with front-end tooling, such as, Gulp, Webpack, npm.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and coding standards like PSR-1, PSR-2, etc.
- Experience with using 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge and experience with Git version control system
NICE TO HAVE
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with TDD
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and QA processes
- Experience with using cloud services like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services
- Experience of working with docker containers & virtual machines
- Knowledge of Linux server administration
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience with multiple back-end languages
- In-depth experience with Linux server administration
- Basic knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code with Terraform/CloudFormation
- Knowledge and experience with implementing data protection and security practices that adhere with GDPR
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.