Our client is a full-service digital marketing company that supports its clients in all elements of their digital marketing. They encourage all their clients to embrace digital as a vital part of their business operating process.
They stand by their knowledge of the sector and are measured by their results. They operate in a transparent way; if they can teach you to do something for yourself they will, if they need to bring in skills they do not have, they will, they never lose sight of the fact that you are the customer and their objective is to deliver you digital marketing success.
They are looking for an expert web developer to join their team. They are a growing business based on the outskirts of Sunderland, offering digital marketing and web development services to clients in various sectors.
- You should have around 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- You will be comfortable working as a team and individually on web projects, using PHP, HTML, SASS and JS on the WordPress platform
- You know how to speak to clients to understand requirements and does not shy away from challenging work
- You are hardworking, motivated and is keen to become a helpful part of a busy growing team
- Understands how to use GIT as part of a team (they use bitbucket!)
- Keeps up to date in the industry and has an genuine interest in what they do
- Is not afraid to get stuck in and takes pride in the work they complete
Desirably, you would have;
- Knowledge of Laravel 5
- Knowledge of servers such as Nginx and Apache
- Knowledge of CSS frameworks (they use Foundation CSS primarily)
- A portfolio or examples of previous work would be beneficial
What They offer:
- The usual trappings such as competitive salary, and holidays
- The opportunity to be involved in a well-funded professional business and to directly influence the future success.
- They know that it’s not all about work, which is why they are willing to offer half a day per month out of the office for you to do something you care about. This could be voluntary work, care work but must be giving back to society in an unpaid capacity.
- Flexible working – the usual working day starts around 9 and finishes around 5.30, but it’s nice sometimes not to worry about the commute or the appointment you need to leave slightly early for. They are prepared to let you work the hours that suit you best – within reason – and based upon achieving your KPIs.
- Remote working – sure they havea phenomenalc office where you’ll be based day-to-day which is great, but that’s not to say you must be there day in day out, it’s nice to have a change in environment occasionally. Should you wish, you can work from home some of the time too!
- Innovation Days – once a quarter they will take one day away from the hustle and bustle of the office in an inspiring environment to improve our working practices. This is where you can directly impact and change the way you work.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.