Who You'll Be
- Attending daily scrum ceremovies within a team.
- Maintaining and developing our existing code-base.
- Collaborating with team members to deliver functional, iterative application development.
- Developing insurance and comparison focussed applications.
- Innovating with new technologies, programming languages and infrastructure.
- Version managing and unit testing throughout the development process.
- Work closely with all parties internally and externally.
- MySQL, Aurora or similar database programming experiences
- Ability to create and consume data from a wide range of sources including database, XML and JSON.
- Working with third-party APIs or creating public facing & internal APIs from scratch.
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to new emerging languages.
- Code commenting, formatting, testing and documenting.
- Ability to manage their own code through tools such as Git or SVN
- Working knowledge of application security.
- Proactive team member
- Can-do attitude
- This is a full-time Monday to Friday role with flexible working of 7.5 hours a day
- An understanding or interest in emerging technologies.
This person needs to be highly motivated to work autonomously within a growing team. Experience in all the above is not necessary but genuine enthusiasm and an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies is a must. Experience in moblie application development would also be advantageous, in addition to any server-side languages such as ASP.net, PHP, ColdFusion, Python etc. Due to the breadth and level of experience within the organisation already, any candidate must be prepared to be challenged and take the initiative. A degree of self-learning will be expected; however, support and training will be provided where needed.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Great starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Flexible Time
- Home Working
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.