Our client is a family-owned gaming company based in Sunderland which operates in the UK, Spain, and Italy's biggest on-line bingo websites (with offices in Madrid, Milan and Gibraltar).
Their approach is different to many of their competitors in that they produce all of their software themselves; in fact just about every aspect of this gaming company is managed in-house.
They have created all of their own games and take pride in their technical innovation and the strength of the development and design teams who usecutting edge technologies to drive the business forward.
The future of our client couldn’t be brighter as they look to build on their existing market-leading presence.
What will you do?
They are looking for an individual who is bright, innovative and passionate about technology and game development and is a leader who will support the Bingo client team in the consistent delivery of game content to our market.
Suitable individuals are expected to be organised, with an ability to communicate articulately torange of different partners and have a proven track record in AAA game design.
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful company that is growing at a rapid rate with exciting challenges to meet in the future.
In addition to this, you will:
- Work with the Product Management team to prioritise the delivery of value to our player needs
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity and ensure client team priorities are aligned to business objectives
- Lead, advocate and collaborate on the architecture for game development
- Actively participate in finding creative technical solutions where necessary
- Ensure sharing and re-use of games and / or other solutions to contribute to acceleration of game content or solve challenges
- Lead and collaborate with the team on the delivery process to ensure game content is delivered at speed and quality from your team
- Participate in recruitment planning to ensure there is the necessary talent and resource to contribute to the growth and needs of the company
- The direct line management of non-technical resource, including animators and test analysts ensuring they feel valued and have goals to work towards
- Hold performance development reviews to support personal development and professional growth within your team
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters innovation and solutions for business challenges as we continue to grow
Skills you should have:
- Prior experience in leading a delivery team
- Previous roles in game development
- Significant experience in architecting software solutions
- Experience working with agile principles and practices
- Experience of designing efficient software solutions
- Solid team player, with good flexibility
- Pixi / Phaser
- Graduate in business or technology
- Experience working in a consumer focused or technical business
- Understanding of the online gaming industry
- Experience of working or leading in different delivery methodologies
Do you need to be familiar with all of the tech listed above? Absolutely not. The only things we require are strong programming fundamentals and a desire to learn. All employees are passionate about their chosen career paths and if successful, you'll be working with people that love what they do – therefore, you should too.
We look for the following from our people:
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn. The platform team do a lot of things other companies don't, so there is a lot to learn. But that's a good thing as we don't what to stand still. We want people who want to improve themselves.
- Suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our code. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience.
Build Key Relationships:
- Bingo specific relationships with be with Bingo Head of Operations, Product Management Lead, Bingo Engine Lead, Bingo Platform Lead and Senior Application Infrastructure Engineer
- Company wide relationships will be with, Head of Product & Commercial Development, other Heads of Operations, Game / Engine / Platform Leads, Marketing, Customer Services
What we will offer you:
- Quarterly Bonus
- Flexible Working
- Free food and snacks
- Free gym
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social events and parties
- Branded Workwear
- Courses and conferences
- Health care scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Computer purchase scheme
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.