1. Change Implementation
2. Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
3. Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
4. Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
5. Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
6. Drive the documentation and review of work rounds and revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams to pro-actively identify productivity opportunities.
7. Drive excellence in application development & the software delivery lifecycle.
8. Ensure high-quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. Wiki maintaining the “shift left” strategy of the operational team and enabling client self-service.
9. Deliver professional 3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
1. 6+ years of experience as a Senior Developer/Software Engineer or similar role including experience managing and leading a global team.
2. Experienced in Software Development Lifecycles (Waterfall & Lean/Agile)
3. Experience in software configuration management (TFS would be a plus)
4. Experience in a Windows-based 24/7 environment
5. Experience in writing and using Transact-SQL queries, VB.NET, C#.NET.
6. Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
7. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
8. Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
9. Knowledge of ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) for service management
10. Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
11. A great communicator
2. Experience in JIRA Service Desk or equivalent ticketing system.
3. Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving payment processing
4. Experience of working in a high pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.
5. Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs
1. Flexibility with working outside of core business hours at short notice
2. GPS is an international business and support hours may incorporate extended business hours in order to accommodate local working times
3. GPS operates in a secure environment and all candidates will be Credit and Background checked to the extent permitted by law.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Apply Now Chat on WhatsApp Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs